4 – 10th July 2016
The Big Cat Nap highlights the plight of some of the world’s most beautiful and endangered animals through a range of sleep-themed activities. Why not organize a ‘wear pyjamas to work or school day’ and collect cash from those who take part? Or try a sponsored sleep-in? Male lions sleep for up to 23 hours a day, so you’ll be in good company!
Nightrider London 2016 Fundraising Event
A one day charity ride with a difference...it’s at night! Taking in over 50 of London’s famous landmarks, Nightrider™ London is a truly unique way to explore the capital. While London sleeps, some 2500 cyclists are set to raise more than £1 million in one night for hundreds of charities.
Set off from Lee Valley VeloPark and follow a 100km or 60km circular route past over fifty of London’s most famous landmarks. Highlights include Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Tower Bridge, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Royal Opera House and the London Eye. NEW for 2016 – Buckingham Palace and The Mall! Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night and a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish
• Enjoy cycling past more than 50 sights of London in this unique charity bike ride at night.
• The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS also provided.
• Amazing atmosphere with some 2500 cyclists on the night raising funds.
Is Nightrider™ for me?
• If you’re looking for a challenge then this is for you!
• You should be confident in cycling alongside London traffic. London’s roads are busy even at night, the route is mainly on quieter roads however the route takes is some of London’s busy spots such as Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square, which will be busy with public and vehicles.
• This event is not a race and not timed, we encourage people to cycle responsibly.
• This is a challenge and you will cycle 100km / 60km at night therefore you will need to train. This event is not suitable for beginners. Training guidelines will be provided.
For more information contact: Joanne@bornfree.org.uk
19th June 2016
Just Walk offers a ‘ready-made’ walking event. The walkers just need to pay the registration fee which includes the cost of the event, refreshments throughout the day, followed by a meal at the end of the walk and not forgetting your well deserved Medal. Any funds raised by you will go to your chosen charity.
There is no minimum sponsorships required – you could simply register to improve your fitness.
Walk with your family and friends and then enjoy your picnic on River Thames. It will be full of fun and a day to remember.
Click here to Register Now
Pride in the Park 2016 - Saturday 9th July
With special guests Virginia McKenna and Will Travers!
Tickets are £55 which includes a 3 course meal, entertainment and celebrity auction with James Lewis.
Email Val for more details and tickets: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday 7th August 2016
Pollyanna Pickering invites you to join her, and very special guest Virginia McKenna at a special open day to mark The Born Free Foundation’s Year of the Lion to be held in her private gallery:
Derbyshire DE4 2JJ
Admission to the event will be strictly for ticket holders only. The price of £25.00 includes:
Entry for two people
One copy of a limited edition calendar
Two glasses of wine (or soft drinks)
Five entries into a prize draw to win an original painting
(Additional calendars will be available to purchase on the day at a cost of £19.99)
Only 100 tickets will be available – early booking is advised!
Book online here or by phone 01629 558510
Thursday 29th September
Wildwood Golf and Country Club
4th Go Wild Golf Day
It is the 50th anniversary of the film Born Free and we have declared 2016 at The Year of the Lion. Proceeds from this event will go towards our significant portfolio of critical work to protect lions globally.