For more than 35 years, we have been working to stop captive wild animal suffering, protect wild animals in their natural habitat and Keep Wildlife in the Wild. This work is only made possible by the kindness, compassion and generosity of people like you who stay with us for years.

Just like you, we want to help generation after generation of wild animals, long into the future. By leaving Born Free a gift in your Will, you can ensure future generations of wildlife following in our footsteps.

One third of all our projects are funded by gifts in Wills – and these projects have made a real impact on the welfare of wild animals in need. Over more than three decades, we have conserved species in the wild, campaigned against animals in captivity and supported local communities. 

We want a future where animals thrive in the wild, where animals are not exploited and where animals and people co-exist. Across the world, our goal is to expand the reach of our projects to safeguard more wild animals and to help more local communities live alongside wildlife peacefully. 

These are big ambitions, but with your help, this future can become a reality. However big our ambitions are, we welcome any and every gift in every Will, however large or small.

Leaving a gift to Born Free in your Will once your loved ones have been cared for is the ultimate act of Compassionate Conservation for every individual wild animal in need. Just 1% is welcome so that those closest to you inherit the remaining 99% of your estate.


It’s so easy to leave Born Free a gift in your Will. Just provide your solicitor or Will writer with our charity name – The Born Free Foundation – and our charity number 1070906.



We’ve teamed up with Farewill, the largest Will writer in the UK, to offer our supporters a free Will*. These can be completed online in just 30 minutes with professional support from Farewill. For more information, see

*Available to supporters in England and Wales. You don't have to include a gift in your Will to Born Free to use this service, but we hope you will consider a gift once your loved ones are provided for.


Sign up to get the latest Born Free news about our work and how you can help, delivered straight to your inbox.