Working with local schools the programme combines theoretical learning with practical activities, covering topics that include habitats, biodiversity, food webs and animal welfare. Supporting the National Curriculum and developing a board understanding of the natural world, its importance and the need for its protection.
Small groups of students or members of the local community are able to visit our education centre to learn about our work and Ethiopia’s unique and important natural heritage.
Ensessa Kotteh is a working wildlife rescue centre. However, we welcome limited numbers of visitors who would like to learn about our work.
• Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings (closed during the rainy season)
• These visits must be booked in advance.
• Sundays only (closed during the rainy season)
• Education centre visits are open to anyone wishing to learn about our work
• Rescue centre visits are extremely limited and we strongly recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please call +251 (0)11835 3563 or email email@example.com for booking and further information. Office open Mon - Fri excluding public holidays.
Team: Lemessa Goshu, Education Programmes Leader; Million Genta, Education Office