YOUR company can help stop captive animal suffering
The Born Free Foundation is appealing to responsible travel agencies, companies, publishers and relevant organisations to spare a thought for animals exploited through tourism, either in captivity or in the wild.
Born Free hope to:
- Generate greater public awareness of the issues surrounding wild animal suffering and exploitation
- Encourage more people to alert Born Free to any wild animal welfare problems they encounter on their travels both at home and abroad
- Address more public concern and seek improvement to the welfare of more animals
- Encourage a greater interest in animal welfare issues by UK tour operators and to harness the influence of the travel industry to affect positive change.
- Significantly reduce the suffering of animals in captivity and in the wild.
- Signing up to our free, quarterly e-news service created specifically for the travel industry, in which you will receive up-to-date information on the animal welfare issues that affect you as tour operators. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.
We need YOUR HELP to generate greater awareness of worldwide animal exploitation.
You can do this by:
- Promoting Born Free’s Travellers Animal Alert in your company literature, customer travel documentation, in-flight magazine and website.
- Encouraging your staff and clients to look out for animal exploitation and report any neglect and suffering to Travellers Animal Alert via this website.
- Encouraging holiday reps and hotels not to promote any animal attraction that do not comply with the Travelife* Good Practice Guidelines – that maintain higher standards in animal welfare and are supported by the Federation of Tour Operators (FTO) and other European Tour Operator Associations. The guidelines can be downloaded from the FTO website www.fto.co.uk or www.its4travel.com
- Doing everything you can to encourage compassionate and responsible tourism.
- Download our Responsible Travellers' Tips sheet - PDF 296KB
SHOW YOUR CUSTOMERS YOU ARE COMPASSIONATE TOWARDS ANIMALS.
For more information about Travellers Animal Alert and the Best Practice Guidelines for Animal Interactions, please contact email@example.com or tel. + 44 (0)1403 240170.
*Travelife is an initiative funded by the European Union which has been set up to support an efficient and cost effective introduction of sustainability principles. It recognises the value of collaboration in successfully implementing actions for sustainability and brings together existing initiatives and experiences.